Hi, my name’s Nadia and welcome to my Best Portable Air Conditioners Reviews blog! Do you frequently move around – be it your home or work space? And by any chance, do you constantly trying to find the solution to your battle to overcome the oven-like heat? If your answer is yes to both questions, this blog will be useful. I’ve put all my experience using a few of the top rated portable air conditioners in this blog.
How to Pick the Best Portable Air Conditioner
If you’re wondering what would make a portable air conditioner unit the best, it would be its power rating. You can determine this by looking out for the BTUs (British Thermal Units). BTU simply measures the amount of heat that the portable air conditioner can take out from the room.
Room size is an important factor so getting a proper balance between room size and cooling capability is key. Read more on getting the best portable AC for you by clicking on the links below:
Also, always remember these tips when you’re shopping for the best portable ac unit:
Tip 1: When choosing a portable ac unit, choose one that best suits the space available in your home and not only your cooling needs.
You may need to compromise; your cooling needs may be big but the space in your house is not. If space limitation is an issue, you may have to choose a small portable air conditioner with the highest BTU available.
Tip 2: Always hunt for the best bargain.
Small portable air conditioners does not always come with small price tags. I’ve seen bigger units that are more cost efficient than their smaller counterparts.
Portable Air Conditioners Types
Different people have different preferences when it comes to the right portable air conditioner unit for their home. When it comes to portable AC units, these are some types/features that you may want to consider:
- Drip vs. Non-drip types: Between these two types of models, drip portable air conditioners are generally less expensive.The difference between the two is that with drip models, you need to empty out the small tray that collects the condensation when needed.
- Single exhaust vs. Dual exhaust types: The dual exhaust type has a lot more advantage because it circulates air and cooling it better.
- Multi-functional types: These units have other functions other than cooling your space; some can dehumidify, fan-cool or heat and some can do all these and more.
Top Portable Air Conditioner Reviews
- Best Selling Portable Air Conditioners 2014
- The most popular models in the market.
- Best Ventless Portable Air Conditioner
- Portable air coolers for rooms without exhaust option.
- Best Quiet Portable Air Conditioner
- Great for those light sleepers.
- Best Dual Hose Portable Air Conditioner
- Dual hose portable air conditioner for fast cooling and energy savings.
- Best Value Portable Air Conditioner
- Great value for your money.
- Best Portable Air Conditioner for bedroom
- Cools the room fast.
- Best Portable Air Conditioner for large room
- Eco and budget friendly.
- Best Small Portable Air Conditioner
- Handy little device.
More reviews can be found here in my blog.
Best Portable Air Conditioner Brands
Here are some of the top brands of portable air conditioners, I will update my blog with more brands and models when I can.
When to Buy A Portable Air Conditioner
Having the best portable air conditioner with you can be very useful; they are small and are easily mobilized. But, there are times when having even the best portable air conditioner is simply not in your best interest.
Here’s a general rule to know if your future purchase will be worth it:
- It’s not possible to mount a permanent ac unit. Some building owners do not permit tenants to install ac units, so by having a portable air conditioner to cool your space is the next best thing.
- You live in a damp climate. If you live in a damp, humid area, having the right portable air conditioner can be very useful as most (but not all) portable air conditioners also acts as dehumidifiers.
- You are environmental savvy. If you are campaigning to save the earth, you would appreciate a portable air conditioner because it cools down a room with less energy.
In general, buying a good portable air conditioner that you can get is a good thing because they are practical. Read more on the pros and cons of a portable air conditioner to find out if it is for you.
Portable Air Conditioners Troubleshooting
One hot afternoon, I came back home after a long day of client meetings. All I wanted was to feel the cold air rushing at me as soon as I open my front door (my portable ac is always on a timer). I was wrong. My portable air conditioner did not start on time. I was puzzled for a while but after going through my checklist, it came alive again.
This goes to show that even though you have the best rated portable air conditioner that you can afford, it may still need some troubleshooting now and then. Here’s a checklist of what you should do:
- Check the circuit breaker and wall plug if the unit won’t run. It could simply mean that the power is not on.
- Clean the filter if there are any clogs in the evaporator or condenser coils.
- Unclog the drain and reinstall it if there is a leak from your unit.
- Check for loose condenser or evaporator fans if there is any rattling noises.
- Call a professional if you find anything broken after the checks above.
Taking care and keeping your portable air conditioner clean will make them last longer. Click here for more maintenance tips.
More Portable Air Conditioner Top Picks
More Portable Air Conditioner Related Blogs:
Remember to check out my blog for more articles and reviews.